– Don’t tell me how much you know, show me how much you care.
– Whatever I speak, whatever I have, whatever I know, whatever I do, whatever I suffer, if it is without love it is nothing.
– Love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your soul and all your strength. Why do we get so focused on other things, this where all our effort should be going!
– And if I have prophetic powers (the gift of interpreting the divine will and purpose), and understand all the secret truths and mysteries and possess all knowledge, and if I have [sufficient] faith so that I can remove mountains, but have not love (God’s love in me) I am nothing (a useless nobody). (1 Cor 13:1-7)
– Even if I give all that I have [to the poor in providing] food, and if I surrender my body to be burned or in order that I may glory, but have not love (God’s love in me), I gain nothing.
– Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily.
– It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God’s love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].
– It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail.
– Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening].
– Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end].